Hyper-X – CX
The Hyper-X lets you build a race-ready disc ‘cross bike. It’s got all the great handling of the CrossHairs – now with our chainstay disc mounts:
- Chainstay disc mounts provide for protection for the disc calipers.
- Lighter tubeset.
- Excellent braking – wet or dry.
- Fewer mud-related problems.
- The top tube is free of all cable routing for easier portage.
- Race-ready cyclocross fit.
- Limited top tube slope for nice balance while carrying your bike.
- Shorter chainstays.
- Stainless steel dropouts for reduced corrosion.
- Available with a matching Gunnar Steel fork or composite forks from Wound-up and Whiskey.
It all spells speed – not only when you’re on the bike but when you’re carrying it.
We didn’t forget the functionality: you still get eyelets and rear rack mounts plus two sets of water bottle bosses. The chainstay disc mounts let you mount a standard rear race for commuting or light touring – without interfering with the brake caliper.
It’s still a road bike disguised as a cross bike – this time with disc brakes.